Fourty-six♡

Song of the chapter: Dusk Till Dawn song battle by Conor Maynard and Madison Beer
[start the video at 1:18]

Just like I had dreaded the topic of conversation had now turned onto Shawn and I. Even though we were the only two who hadn't been talking to eachother this whole time.

"So Shawn and Mia, where did you guys meet?" Abbie asked as everyone's attention turned onto the two of us.

Looking up at Shawn he already looking down at me, he didn't know whether I wanted to explain it or want him to explain.

"Well we met at Mia's work, she was working in a cafe back in Toronto and I was in the midst of having a break down where she practically came to my rescue" Shawn smiled at everyone, and now wrapped his hand over mine.

"What made you want to get with Shawn? I mean he's a loser" Tyler joked causing me to laugh lightly.

"I couldn't tell you, I couldn't stop myself" I smiled but this time my smile was real.

I meant it and when I looked up to see Shawn's face I knew that he was grateful for me saying it.

"You guys are so cute, I wish Tyler was like that with me" Emily groaned to which Tyler gasped at.

"Excuse me but I think you'll find that I'm an amazing boyfriend. I bought you that magazine you like yesterday" Tyler defended himself.

"I get a magazine and Mia gets a what? A freaking dinner under a willow tree, you're never that romantic" Emily argued and I found myself smirking.

Looking up at Shawn he was smirking too. Leaning my head against my shoulder I closed my eyes as I took in his scent.

"Shawn?" I whispered.

"Yeah" he said.

"We need to talk" I replied before opening my eyes and looking up at him.

He didn't react but instead just nodded as his smile faded from his face.

-/

As soon as that car door shut Shawn was straight to speaking as we just sat there not moving from the parking spot.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he turned to look at me.

"Are you sure you want to be with me Shawn?" I let out a deep breath and I looked down at my fingers, intertwining them together.

"What? Ofcourse I do, why would you ask that?" Shawn gasped as he spoke rapidly.

"It's just what if I can't live up to what Alessia was to you, what if you can't ever love me like you love her. I don't want to fall inlove with you Shawn knowing that you might get bored and leave" I sighed as I lent my head back onto the chair.

I was controlling every urge of me to not cry, this was ridiculous yet it felt so strong in my chest that it was so painful.

"Where's this all coming from Mia?" He worried.

"Please just look at me. I can't take you not looking at me"

I finally let myself look at him, my eyes being glossy as they looked at him.