Seventy-four♡

Song of the chapter- Consequences by Camila Cabello

As Mia's head rested against my chest I held her hand before rubbing motions against it with my thumb. I had my arm around her chest, keeping her close to me, as we watched the TV.

I know what I'm doing right now is wrong, especially when what I was about to do next was completely going to tear her apart.

I just wanted to spend a last few minutes with her, just to have her body against mine one last time. Everything around us was so calm but everything inside me felt so anxious.

I could feel my heart pounding against my chest, my head spinning with nerves.

Suddenly feeling her hand travel under my shirt I felt it creep up my chest as she outlined my abs. I could feel my whole turn hot as I shifted a little.

I was enjoying it but I shouldn't, I couldn't.

Not saying anything I quickly took her hand out from under my shirt before settling my eyes on the tv. I could feel her eyes burning up at me with confusion, as I just tried to ignore every look in her eyes.

"You know what, what the hell is up with you?" Mia asked, taking me back at little as she sat up so she was off me.

Looking at her I just sighed before leaning my head back slightly.

"It's nothing Mia" shook my head.

Why the hell was I lieing? I had to break up with her at some point.

"Well it sure doesn't seem like nothing" she rolled her eyes.

I didn't say anything but instead returned my eyes back onto the tv. Soon the tv turned to black as Mia turned it off.

"If it is about what you saw at the accident then-" Mia said but I cut her off as I looked over at her.

"It isn't about that" I shook my head with a sigh, trying to bring out those deadly words.

"Then what is it Shawn? Because I know something is going on with you" She said softly, pleading for the truth.

As she held my cheek with her hand I chocked on the words I wanted to say.

Placing my hand on hers I gently cradled her hand before pulling it down from my face.

"Why do you keep doing that? Why do you keep pushing me away?" Mia sighed heavily as she stood up from the sofa.

I didn't say anyhting but just remained sitting there as I watched her with such sadness in my eyes.

"What is it Shawn?" She asked.

I hesitated to speak as I looked down at my lap, the words I needed to say eating me up inside.

"I er-" I hesitated, anxiously playing with my fingers.

Finding something in me to look up st her I could see worry and concern in her eyes, her standing their with her arms folded.

"I slept with someone else" I said shamefully.

That lie was the one that would hurt her the most, it would make her hate me and I knew it.

I watched as her expression fell amused and confused.

"You can't be serious?" She laughed a little, and as soon as I looked directly into her eyes she realised that I 'meant it'.

I had so much shame and guilt in my eyes that her expression softened.

"You're lieing" she said more as a question, her eyes narrowing a little.

I shook my head, letting out an unsteady breath.