Eighty-eight♡

Song of the chapter- Mercy by Shawn Mendes

Sitting in the waiting room or the police station, I was waiting to be called in by Shawn's attorney.

I was going to explain everything to her, just wanting to do all I could to make sure Shawn gets out of here.

As I brushed my thumbs over one another I stared down at the floor of the room. All that I could think about was what Shawn said to me back there. All I could think about is how he said he never wanted to see me again.

"Miss Aniston?" A lady's voice caused me to look up.

Looking towards where she was she has a smile on her face as she hugged a folder to her chest.

"I'm Mrs Ashley, Mr Mendes' attorney" she smiled as she held her hand out.

Standing up I shook her hand and gave her a small.

"I'm so glad you asked to meet me. Now let's go to a private room, I believe we've got alot to discuss" Mrs Ashley explained as she released my hand.

I nodded before following her until we were in a private room, one which I believed to have been her office.

Once we got inside we both sat down, one of us on either side of the table.

"So Mia, what made you want to see me?" She asked, resting her intertwined hands on the desk.

"I want to help you fight Shawn's case" I said confidently as I sat up straight in my chair.

I could tell that she was taken aback by it at first as she screwed her eyebrows up together at my statement.

"But you wrote out the form?" She questioned.

"No I didn't, my bestfriend did. You see Shawn-" I began explaining but she finished my sentence.

"Lied and told you he cheated" she said.

Sighing I nodded my head before folding my arms across my chest.

"He told me everything. He told me about how strong your relationship was and why he lied to you. He told me absolutely everything" she explained and I felt my body tense up a little.

"But most importantly he told me how he loved you"

As she said that I felt my breath hitch.

"This wasn't some messed up relationship, this was the most meaningful thing I've ever had with someone" I explained truthfully.

"I won't let Shawn go down for this, I can't. It will kill me if I know I'm the reason he's in here for goodness knows how long" I sighed, my eyes pleading with her.

She gave me a sympathetic smile before going to speak again.

"If you're willing to help and go against the lawsuit that you filed then you're gonna need all the help you can get" she explained.

"We're gonna need evidence, we're gonna need evidence which will prove how strong your relationship was with Shawn"

"Yeah I can do that, I've got pictures and-" I said rapidly before she cut me off.