Thirty-five♡

Song of the chapter: Proud by JLS

There was no English today so lunch was really my official goodbye to Shawn and that's all I could think about as I sat through my last lesson of the day, music.

I was suppose to be practicing my song in one of the practice rooms but instead I just sat there staring at the keys of the piano.

I was just afraid of what would happen while he's away. What if he meets another girl or what if he comes back and doesn't 'love' me anymore.

I know my paranoia is probably just taking over and after all it's only a few days, it's not like he's leaving me.

A light knock hit against the door before opening up. Turning my head I instantly rolled my eyes as Hayes walked in.

"Nice to see you too" he laughed before plunging down next to me.

Moving along the bench I distanced myself a little from Hayes before looking back at him.

"What do you want Hayes?" I asked.

"Well I think that we should team up and sing this song together" he smiled as he pointed to my sheet of music which was on the stand.

The song was an original by me, it was called We don't talk anymore.

"And let you take the credit for my song? No thanks" I laughed, indicating that it was a stupid idea.

"I'm not taking credit, okay? Look at this song" he said as he took the music off the stand and put it infront of us.

"I read this the other day and-" he said before I cut him off.

"You read my song?" I glared at him.

"Only because it was on the top of the pile, anyway that's besides the point. When I read it I felt like the song has two points of view, one being a guy and the other being a girl" he explained.

I looked at him in thought as he continued.

"And I think you should let me sing it with you"

Reading some of the lyrics I realised that Hayes was right, it was as if it was in two points of view. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to sing it together, after all he can sing and it'd get me a good grade for this semester.

"Fine" I sighed causing him to grin widely.

"But I swear to god you better not mess this up" I said sternly causing him to laugh.

"I promise" he smiled.

[Shawn's POV]

Carrying boxes of books I began walking to my car to fill it up with stuff to mark while I was away. I had no class to teach so I decided to get ready to leave early.

Shoving the boxes into the boot of my car I pulled out my phone from my pocket before switching it on. As the screen finally lit up a smile grew onto my face.

My home screen centered a picture of Mia. It was when when she came over to mine on the night of my breakdown.

She was in one of my jumpers which went down to the mid of her thigh, her bare legs then showing. She was stood in the kitchen at the sink with her back to me, her long dark hair cascading down her back.

I remember why I took that photo. There was a bright trail of light coming in from outside which was spotlighting on Mia, Mia being oblivious to it.