28.

"What's the second thing?" I asked him.

"Let's sit down first." He said and we both sat down on the couch. 

"This feels really awkward for some reason." I said drying my sweaty palms on my trousers.

"Do you remember what happened between us the other day?" He immediately asked me.

"What other day? The day of my debut?" I asked him and he nodded. "Yes, of course I remember."

"I just want things to be clear between us." He told me. "I thought we had to talk about that to make sure there are no misunderstandings."

"If you are going to say you were only joking and to not take things seriously, it's okay." I told him. "I supposed you were going to say that, anyway."

"If there's something you still have to learn is to wait for people to finish what they want to say before saying anything." He told me touching the tip of my nose. "Will you please let me finish?"

"Yes, sorry..." I said embarrassed. "I still have to work on that..."

"What I wanted to ask you, and please answer honestly, is that if Jeongin didn't come in that moment, would you have kissed me?" He asked directly.

"I...why are you asking me this...?" I said not knowing what to say. I wasn't ready to confess to him like that. I had to mentally prepare myself for that.

"Just answer me. I promise not to get mad no matter the answer." He said. "I just need to know."

"Well... I..." I muttered in a really low voice. "I... I think so, yes..."

"Sorry, what did you say?" He asked me. "I couldn't hear you."

"Yes, I would have." I said louder but still didn't look at him in the eyes. "Please, just forget about it. I don't want things to become awkward between us..." 

I then stood up to leave but he suddenly pulled my arm and forced me to face him.

"Why are you leaving now? Can you please stop running away from me?" He said standing up. "You don't know what's going on in my mind; there is no way for you to know how I feel or what I think unless I tell you."

"But if you say what I think you are going to say I think I won't be able to cope with it." I admitted. "I am not ready to hear it."

"And if I say the complete opposite?" He said. 

"Then I won't know how to react." I told him.

"Then it's better if I don't say anything?" He asked me. "It's better for me to keep silent?"

"Precisely." I said.

"Then don't worry, I won't say a single thing." He said before grabbing both sides of my face and pulling me towards him, kissing me passionately.

I didn't know how to react as it all happened too fast. A few seconds later, seeing I wasn't moving, he pulled away and looked at me in the eyes.

"Didn't you...?" He began and scratched his nape. "Did I misunderstand you?"

"No, it's just..." I began saying but didn't know what to tell him.

"I'm sorry. Once again, I'm sorry for kis-" He began saying but I cut him off.

I build up my courage and grabbed both sides of his face to pull him for a kiss. He immediately wrapped his right arm around my waist and placed his left hand on my neck.

We kissed for what seemed like forever but were only a few seconds and finally pulled away.

"So..." He said scratching his nape.

"Yeah..." I said looking away and placing my hair behind my ear.

That instant, Mika opened the door and we took a step away from each other.

"We are all going to leave, the movie has already finished. Are you two coming?" She asked without looking up from her phone. 

"I... I will go later. You can go first." I told her.

"You, Hyunjin?" She asked finally looking up.

"I... I'll go later too. Tell the boys to leave without me." He said.

"Wait, did I interrupt something?" She asked and I looked at her with murderous eyes. "Oh, shoot! I'll leave! Don't mind me!"

She then closed the door and we felt them all leaving and closing the main entrance door.

"So, what now?" He asked me.

"What now?" I asked him confused.

"What happens between us?" He rephrased it.

"I don't know..." I said.

"I know this isn't exactly the most romantic way to ask you this but, Lee Soojin, do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked me.

At that moment I felt as if my heart stopped for a second. 

"I... I would love to but..." I began.

"But what?" He asked.

"What about your dating ban?" I reminded him. "I don't have one, but you do."

"Contrary to what anyone would belive, I am going to follow Jeongin's advice for this." He told me. "I'm willing to try anything to be with you now that I've finally had the guts to ask you out."

"Wait a second, the talk we had that day in my room... Am I the girl you were talking about?" I asked as I suddenly remember the talk we had.

FLASHBACK

"Would you confess to the person you like even if you were unsure of their feelings?" I suddenly asked Hyunjin, taking him by surprise.

"I... I don't know." He said. "I would have to be at least a little bit sure that the feeling is mutual. Plus, I'm not really that forward and confident."

"Why not, though?" I asked him and sat down properly, staring at the wall. "You are handsome, talented and intelligent. Who wouldn't want to date you?"

"The thing is that the only person who I have ever truly liked hasn't shown any signs that could make me believe she is even the least bit interested in me romantically." He said becoming serious. "Confessing to her would mean that our relationship would change or even disappear, and I don't want to risk that."

"Do I know her?" I asked him.

  "You do." He told me. "But I can't tell you who it is."  

END OF FLASHBACK

"Bingo!" He said smiling. "Took you long enough."

"Since when?" I asked him.

"Since when what?"

"Since when do you like me."

"I started liking you about half a year after meeting you." He said. "And only after all this time have I actually seen a response from you."

"Well, I hope I was worth the wait."

"I would have waited a lifetime." He said kissing me again.