6. While he sleeps

The light from the streetlamp shone inside Ajax's apartment.

As Ajax slept on the floor, the mysterious young man, from a few minutes ago, knelt before him and looked at his face. He, then, touched Ajax's smooth soft white cheeks.

"What in the world happened to you?" The mysterious young man, dressed in all black, asked.

Ajax mumbled something inaudible.

The guy looked intently at Ajax's face. He gently touched Ajax's perfectly curved reddish lips with his right thumb. It was as soft as Ajax's cheeks. He studied Ajax's face and could not believe how beautiful this sleeping young man was before him.

Somehow, looking at Ajax's beautiful face made him feel safe. There was a familiar feeling as he continued to look at Ajax, but he could not understand why.

"How come you can see me?" He began to say. "How come I can touch you?"

The mysterious guy paused.

"Why is it when I look at you, it seems I am being overwhelmed by this feeling of happiness. Yet, I have no recollection of who you are."

Suddenly, he saw tears falling from Ajax's closed eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He said as he wiped the tears from Ajax's face.

"Are you lonely like me?"

Once again, Ajax talked gibberish in his sleep. He, then, changed his position and laid on his back.

Slowly, the mystery guy stood up and looked around Ajax's apartment. It was a small apartment. He looked at Ajax's workstation and saw a lot of different colors of sticky notes on the window. There were some books, study lamp, laptop, printer, notepads, pencils, and pens on the table that were all artfully arranged.

As he continued to wander around Ajax's apartment, he became more curious about Ajax.

"Why isn't there a single picture of your family or friends?"

"Just who are you really?"

--- end of chapter ---