125. Emissary's conditions

Luca thoughtfully contemplated what he would say next to the regent. He knew that he had to carefully play his role as not to let on anyone on the elaborate scheme they were plotting against the rulers of Adamah.

"Regent Iollan," Luca began to say. "I will do the Counsel's bidding."

"Thank you so much, Prince Luca."

"But ..." Luca deliberately cut what he was going to say.

"But what my prince?! Please do tell." Iollan anxiously asked.

"But on certain conditions."

"What are your terms my prince for you to seal the agreement of performing this conciliatory duty?"

"One, I will deliver the stroll of armistice to both kings. However, if they refused and still decided to engage in warfare, it will be the Council's responsibility. And, that in anyway, I or the Aeolian clan, is obligatory to involved us further in this expression of dominance and power."

"Agree."

"Two, that the Council of Regents will yield all the rights to my person in recommending amicable settlement for both parties."

"Prince Luca!" Iollan was stunned. "That's too high of value for the Regency to relinquish and allow one person to wield that authority it as he pleases."

"Well ..." Luca said. "I guess, we are done here."

Luca motioned to stand from his chair.

"Wait." Iollan said.

He looked at the prince and took a deep sigh before he talked again.

"Agree."

Luca sat comfortably on his chair.

"Lastly, the Regency will entrust this ring to the Aeolian clan until the next millennium ended."

Iollan clenched his fist and thought things through. The conditions that Luca demanded was too absurd. However, he knew that he had to be carefully with his answer or else he had failed his mission and the war between two clans might erupt. And that was something the Council of Regent did not want to happen..

--- end of chapter ---