184. Part III: The arrival

"Sir," The Second Lieutenant said. "Major Hawthorne is on the line."

"Sir," Captain Santiago said through the receiver. "It is I Captain Diego Santiago."

"Captain," Major Hawthorne yelled from the other line. "What the hell is happening?! It is all over the news that four comets entered our atmosphere. How come no one informed me?"

"Major Hawthorne," Captain Santiago replied nervously. "We just found out a few minutes ago that's why we contacted you right away."

"Minutes ago?" Major Hawthorne was stunned.

"Yes, Sir." The captain replied. "Based on the calculations of our super computers, the entry of those asteroids should have been two hours from now."

"Two hours from now?"

"Let me place you on speaker phone so Dr. Yang can further explain it, sir."

"Major Hawthorne," Dr. Yang began to say. "It is true what Captain Santiago. Our super computers calculated the time of entry correctly. Thus, what is happening now is something we cannot explain."

The major sighed deeply for he knew that this was going to be a great disaster.

"Coordinates? I need coordinates where the asteroids now. Where will make an impact."

"That's the thing Major Hawthorne," Dr. Yang replied. "The asteroids mysteriously disappeared from our radar."

"WHAT?!" Major Hawthorne exclaimed. "That's impossible."

"It's true, sir." Captain Santiago said. "It just vanished out of nowhere."

"This is a disaster!" Major Hawthorne disappointedly said. "I'll be there in thirty minutes. When I get there, I want results. Do you hear me Captain Santiago?"

"Yes, Major Hawthorne!" Captain Santiago replied.

The Space Centre Facility personnel worked desperately to locate where the comets were. However, no matter how hard they tried their equipment just simply could not find the results needed.

Captain Santiago, suddenly, saw in the monitor a breaking news report.

"Turn the volume up," Captain Santiago said to one of the personnel.

[Devastating news just came in from a reliable source. It seemed that the Lunar Lake City and further down south of that region is in total blackout. We do not exactly know what is happening in that region. We will try to provide more updates as it comes. Please stay tune.]

--- end of chapter ---