19. Kiss-and-tell

Ajax couldn't believe that Silas kissed him. He was stupefied.

Needless to say, he made a lot of boo-boos on stage as he could not focus because of that kiss. After their production, Ajax seemed to disappear. Silas couldn't find him in the back stage, dressing room or their classroom. He even searched the school grounds, but he could not find Ajax anywhere.

"There you are."

Huntley said to Ajax as he found his best friend in their secret place at the school's roof top.

After the play, Ajax needed to clear his head. He couldn't believe that Silas kissed him right before his performance. He couldn't believe that the boy he liked kissed him.

"What happened to you on stage earlier? Huntley questioned. "You nailed your part every single time during rehearsals. Were you nervous?"

"Silas happened." Ajax said absentmindedly.

"What? Did he do anything to you?" Huntley started to get all fired up.

"I think, I am in love with him."

Ajax said casually as if it was the most normal thing to share to his best friend in an all boy school.

"Of course, you are in love with him."

Huntley replied as he drank from the juice box he was carrying. Huntley acted as if Ajax's confession of falling in love with another boy was just a natural occurrence.

Ajax was flummoxed by Huntley's reaction.

"What?"

Huntley asked as Ajax continued to stare at him as if he said something crazy.

"Did you hear what I just said?"

"Look, I may not be the sharpest guy in our class but I'm not stupid. I see the way you always look at him. How you get tongue tied or blushed every time he would talk to you."

"And you are okay with me being ..." Ajax hesitated.

"Gay?" Huntley finished Ajax sentence. "Look, I'm your best friend no matter what, okay?"

Ajax nodded and smiled.

Later that day, Ajax and Silas were sitting under a tree kissing, as the festival concluded with fireworks illuminating the sky.

--- end of chapter ---