108. The reflection

Ajax could not believe what he was seeing. Right before him was the boy whom he had known all his life. It was the boy that he always see when he looked into a mirror. It was the version of himself when he was still in middle school.

 It was the version of himself when he was still in middle school

"You are me?" Ajax exclaimed.

"Yup!" The younger Ajax said.

"How is this possible?"

"Anything is possible in the land of dreams."

"What am I doing here?"

"I do not understand the question." The younger Ajax said.

"I mean why am I here?"

Still, the younger Ajax was confused by the question. Ajax looked around him and the darkness had disappeared completely. He was standing in the meadow by the stream in the valley filled with beautiful trees and flowers. Different species of flying animals such as birds were in the valley. He could also see various land creatures going about their own thing.

"Listen, this is a very beautiful place. However, I do not remember being here."

"Of course, you do not remember this valley. This is not your dream, it is mine."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"This dream is not yours. Your dream was the darkness. I brought you to my dream for you to see my world. In here, everything is beautiful unlike in the darkness."

"What is in the darkness anyways?" Ajax asked the child version of himself.

"Do you want to go on a horse ride?" The younger Ajax asked.

Ajax paused for a moment. He, then, looked around him and felt something was really wrong with this place. In fact, he felt that the younger version of him was not being truthful to him.

"Come on, Ajax." The younger Ajax said. "Come with me and let's ride the horses." The child pointed out the horses at the other side of the stream.

"Who are you, really?" Ajax asked.

--- end of chapter ---