33. The room

The room was like a typical room seen in some television shows or movies where the captive person was being detained.

The walls were dark. It had no windows. There was a single source of light which was usually a bulb. And, directly below it was where the abductee was seated on a wooden chair.

Usually, the kidnapped person would be blindfolded, his hands were tied at the back of the chair and his ankles were bound at both side of the chair's feet

However, North was not blindfolded or his hands tied at the back of the chair or his ankles bound at the chair's feet. None of that barbaric treatment. In fact, he could walk freely around the room, if he wanted to.

Besides from the chair directly beneath the light bulb, there was another table and chair where he could use for eating. There was a bed where he could use too.

In reality, it was just an average room except it had no windows or doors.

North had been abducted by a sceadu sometime between nine or ten in the evening. An ordinary person, by then, should had been asphyxiated. But, North was not an ordinary person. On the contrary, nothing much was known about who he was or what he was.

He got up from the bed. He was a bit groggy but managed to stand up a bit as his knees felt wobbly. Still, he managed to walk to the opposite side of the room. He touched the wall and he was electrocuted. Though, the voltage may not be enough to kill him, it was enough to prevent him from escaping.

North, then, grabbed the table away from the wall. He climb on top of it and tried to reach from the ceiling. When he did, he was electrocuted the same way as with the walls.

He, then, touched the concrete floor. Though, he was not electrocuted, he could feel a barrier thwarting his hand from penetrating the concrete floor.

--- end of chapter ---