45. State of Subconsciousness

The room was old and rustic. The walls were dark. It had no windows. There was a single source of light which was typical a light bulb. And, directly below it, North was seated on a wooden chair. He was asleep.

Cautiously, Ajax walked towards North. He, then, touched North by the shoulder to wake him up.

"North," He began to say. "Wake up."

North woke up, right away.

"What are you doing here?" North said. "You can't be here."

"Where is here, exactly?" Ajax asked.

"I don't know either." North was panicking. "Please go before he comes."

"Who?"

"Thorn."

"Is he the one who put you here?"

"Yes."

North was starting to get annoyed. He needed Ajax to flea this room. "Look, I don't know how you got here. But you better get away now before you get trap in here, too."

"Take my hand and lets leave together."

Ajax roamed his eyes and could not see any door or window. There was no opening anywhere that his eyes could see.

Before North could protest further, Ajax grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him off the chair. Ajax walked towards the left wall and realized he could not get through it. His theory that it was all an illusion - a fallacy.

North removed Ajax's hand from his wrist. Ajax, then, frantically feel searched the wall for a secret panel that would open the room.

"It is useless. I've already searched these walls and floor and nothing." North grabbed Ajax who was still busy looking for something in the wall that would help them escape.

Once North turned Ajax around to face he said. "Think hard how you got here."

Ajax thought about it for a moment. He closed his eyes and tried to recall where he was before he appeared in the room.

"I just finished taking a shower and after I dried myself, I laid on my bed."

"And?"

"I was here." He said.

When he opened his eyes. North was no longer there. He was alone in the room.

Eerie silence. Deadly silence that can make a person go deaf and crazy.

"RAN AJAX!"

The sound of a loud thud was heard. Ajax fell from his bed.

--- end of chapter ---