14. The intruder

As Ajay continued to eat his meal, the doorbell rang again.

"I wonder who could that be?" Ajax said to himself as he put down his burger on the countertop and wiped his mouth with a table napkin.

He walked towards the door and looked at North before opening the door. North was slumbering peaceful as if the poor guy had not slept for ages.

Ajax was surprised when he opened the door. Immediately, he tried to close it but the man's foot got in way.

"DAMN IT, AJAX!" Silas cursed as he flung the door opened. "JEEZ, ARE TRYING TO DECAPITATE MY FOOT!"

"You should thank your stars that it was only your foot." Ajax retorted.

Silas pushed himself into the apartment, shut the door behind him, removed his shoes, sat on the floor and nursed his foot.

Ajax was taken aback when Silas pushed him. He, then, grabbed Silas by the back collar shirt and tried to get him off the floor. He also looked nervous and kept on looking to where North was.

"You look suspicious." Silas said as he looked between Ajax's legs. "Is anyone with you that you don't want me to see." Silas said as he got up and light shoved Ajax away. He walked inside the apartment limping a bit.

Ajax eyes bulged. He grasped when he saw Silas walked through North.

Silas turned around and looked at Ajax when he heard him grasped. "You are hiding something." He said suspiciously.

"Are you crazy? This is a very tiny apartment, why would you think I am hiding anyone?

"Aha! You are hiding someone."

"What ...? You are insane!" Ajax said defensively. "What in the hell are you doing here?" Ajax said as he tried to change the topic.

Meanwhile, Silas remained silent as he continued to search Ajax's apartment. He even went to Ajax's bathroom.

Ajax was carefully trying to avoid making any physical contact with North.

"What are you doing?" Silas asked as he got out of the bathroom and saw Ajax walking around funny.

--- end of chapter ---