88. The Call All Parents Dread About

Huntley cried himself to sleep.

Morning came. It was almost noon when Huntley woke up. He sat on the couch. He signed deeply. It pained him so much not knowing where Ajax was. And, that all of this happened because of him. However, what he was about to do next, would be more heartbreaking for him.

He picked up the wireless phone. He pressed the buttons on the phone. From the stored phone number list, he selected the name that written as HOME. The phone automatically dialed the number.

"Hello, sweetie." Huntley's mom answered the phone.

"Mom, is dad with you?"

"Yes."

"Can you please put this call on speaker mode? I have something to tell you both."

There was silence for a bit. Though, he was across the globe from his parents, he was like a child so frightened for the wrong he had committed and he did not know how to say what he needed to say.

"Sweetie, I'm here with you dad. You are on speaker mode now."

"Son, I thought, you and Ajax were on a resort somewhere? How was it? Is Ajax there with you. Put us on speaker mode, too."

"Dad, we went to a trip to a resort."

Huntley paused. His hands began to tremble as well as his body trying to control himself from breaking down. He wanted to calmly say what he needed to tell his parent about what happened in the resort.

"I want you guys to listen to me, carefully." Huntley sighed deeply. "I need you to stay calm. Will you promise to do that for me?"

"Son, what is going on?"

"Sweetie, whatever it is just tell us, okay?"

"Mom. Dad. There was an explosion in the resort that Ajax and I went to. I do not know where Ajax is. His body was not found in the site. He is missing. I'm so sorry this is all my fault. I'm sorry ..."

Huntley could not stopped himself anymore from crying.

--- end of chapter ---