127. This shiny little thing

"Well .. that wasn't so hard, was it?" Luca said as he stood.

The Regent was about to stand as well as a courtesy, however, Luca stopped him.

"Please do not stand on my account."

Though, the Regent remained seated his knees were trembling and his forehead perspired.

"Something seems to be bothering you my dear Regent Iollan?"

The Regent looked frightful at what he had done. After realizing that he had give in to all the capricious demands of the Aeolian prince, fear and remorse were embraced his entire being.

"Nothing, really." Iollan answered.

"Then, if you excuse me, I will change for my journey." Luca said. "One of the esquires will give you the parchment and feathered tip for you to write the letters for the kings."

After saying that Luca turned around and made a step towards the door. Then, he stopped.

"Oh, I nearly forgot," Luca began to say as he turned around. "This." Luca said as he took the ring on the table.

"What will you do with that ring, really?" Iollan asked.

"Oh, nothing really." Luca replied. "You know me and shiny things ... it fascinates me."

After that, Luca stepped out the room followed by his esquire Bendt.

Inside Luca's chamber.

"Bendt, prepare Flaxen, I will ride this unforgiving heaven and turbulent earth an hour passing from this moment."

"Yes, master."

Bendt closed the door of his master's chamber and went to the stables to prepare the prince's stallion.

"So, this is the legendary stone Iolite - the water sapphire. The Viking's Compass that cancels out the haze, mist, and clouds to make things appear clearer - the guiding stone." Luca said as he continued to admire the precious stone.

"If they only knew that how this little shine thing, how this exquisite stone started all of this - conspiracy, conflict and chaos."

--- end of chapter ---