122. And, the stage is set

Like a thief in the night, Luca broke into his own chamber. He carefully dismounted his winged horse and entered his room through the window.

After that, the horse flew away into the stormy night.

Luca hurriedly and quietly went to the bathroom and disrobed. He squeezed out of the water from his robe. And, when that was done, he waved his right hand and a small whirling wind surrounded him.

After a few minutes, the wind disappear. Luca wet hair became dry. So, did his body and robe. The water puddle were he stood, disappeared as well.

He summoned another small whirling wind and like a vacuum cleaner the whirling wind wiped clean and dry every inch of the floor where Luca had walked.

When that was done, Luca went to his bed to retire.

Half an hour later, Luca was awakened.

"Master,"

The young esquire said as he stood at the foot of Luca's bed. Luca stirred from his slumber and spoke before he opened his eyes.

"What is it, Bendt?" Luca asked sleepily.

"Forgive me for disturbing your sleep in this stormy, master." Bendt began. "But, Regent Iollan seeks your presence."

Luca sat on his bed. "At this late of the night?"

"Yes, master." Bendt answered. "He wanted you to know that the bird had decided to take a dip in the water."

"I understand,"

Luca, immediately, rose from the bed. He was not wearing anything. Bendt took a robe worth wearing in the presence of the dignitary.

He clothed his master, Luca. After that, he lead the way where the regent was waiting.

In the private receiving room of the palace, Regent Iollan waited anxiously.

Bendt opened the door of the private receiving room and announced the presence of Luca, "Golden Knight of the Highest Order, Prince of Aeolian, venerated cousin of his Majesty King Henry, Prince Luca."

The regent immediately rose to his feet as Luca entered the room. Iollan was about to do a courtesy bow when Luca stopped him

"Please Iollan, it's so late at night for us to do formalities." Luca said.

--- end of chapter ---