139. Naelyan

The tale of Naelyan had been existing in Vatrian literature since antiquity. It was said that the Naelyan first appeared in Mystic Lake of Draconem which was the largest lake in the entire Adamah. It also connected to all the seas of the whole planet.

The Naelyan was the elemental dragon chief ruler of water. He ruled over the dragons of the seas, springs, lakes, pond and rivers. The Naelyan willed immense power, ability to heal both body and land, diving deeply into dreams and emotions and show people their past and present lives and how to tap into that knowledge.

Thus, it was fitting to name the house of royalties of the Vatr clan after the revered dragon - Naelyan.

The northern gate of the Vatr kingdom was the fastest route to reach the city of Naelyan. By foot, it would take approximately three days.

Thus, when King L'Nykt learned about the news that the troops of the Phoenix clan was stationed at the northern gate, the king knew better.

His enemies would take some time before they reached the city. More so, he knew that King Nike was an honorable ruler and would not trespass his kingdom without following the protocol of the Bakea eta Gerrako akordioa (Peace and War agreement) signed by all clans after the Great War.

Besides, the cunning king had secretly created his own elite armies scattered around all the gates leading to the city, within the city and all over Adamah.

The soldier that came to the place announcing the looming the invasion of the Phoenix clan was none other than Illac. He was in disguised using the alexandrite stone.

All that had transpired in the palace was nothing but a theatric ruse directed by the king himself. He wanted to show the court's councils that he was still the rightful king of the Vatr.

"What were those fools saying after I left?" King L'Nykt asked.

"The court's council decision remains unchanged. They still want the prince to ascend to the throne by the next month first full moon." Illac said.

"And where are the princes now?

"They escaped, my Lord." Illac said. "However, our men are still in pursuit for the princes."

"Activate all elite soldiers, bring me Helios alive!"

"And Prince North?"

"Kill him!"

--- end of chapter ---