25. At the lake

Inside the diner, Ajax and Huntley had just finished their meal.

"Seriously, are you going to get back together?" Huntley pried.

"Huntley, honestly, I do not know." Ajax sighed. "It all happened so fast. At first, we were just talking and then ..."

"Whoa! Too much information." Huntley interrupted.

Ajax laughed.

One of the staff turned up the volume of the television.

"Earlier today meteorologist said there was an anomaly in the atmosphere. It seemed that a comet entered Earth's atmosphere beyond the speed of Mach 1 . Meteorologist cannot fully verify their data as most of their equipment suddenly exploded all at the same.

Ministry of Defense released a directive to all local public office officials, law enforcers, medical health workers and fire fighters ensure the safety of everyone, in case, it landed in the region, to follow the protocol for such disaster.

It would catastrophic if that comet hit a densely populated area. Everyone is advised to stay in homes and stay calm.

In other news, ..."

Rahel looked outside of the bus window. He could still see the red dust tail in the starless night. His expression remained blank and emotionless.

The crimson star came sooner that he thought it would. He needed to find the Star Child soon. But, he did not know where to begin.

For a brief second, Rahel felt the Star Child's auric force, when time stopped earlier. Then, when time resumed, it just vanished.

It was like it was being shrouded from him by a powerful magic that he had never encountered before.

Though, this worried him, his facial expression remained stoic.

The comet began to rapidly descend from the heaven and made an impact in a lake surrounded by a forest.

With the powerful collision like that, one could expect that the ground zero would have destroyed the entire region. But it was not like that.

The comet shone brightly even it had been submerged in the lake. And, after a few minutes, the light died down.

Suddenly, the earth quaked as a whirlpool formed in the lake. The lake parted and formed a water wall. In the center of the whirlpool came out a winged man. As soon as he flew away from the pool, the water wall collapsed and the lake returned to its tranquil state.

--- end of chapter ---