73. Burden of Kings

"I cannot let that happen!" Rowan said as he began to fume.

"I cannot let you stop it." Orakulua retorted.

"You dare stop me?"

Rowan's eyes glowed in fiery red as he put his palms together and created a fireball. He, then, released it to attack the Orakulua.

The Orakulua eyes glowed in burning green. He placed his right hand forward palm facing the incoming fireball. When he did an emerald shield appeared. The fireball made contact on the shield. Two more fireballs attacked the Orakulua but his emerald shield deflected it all.

"Nahikoa."
(Enough)

The Orakulua said as vines emerge from the grounds and tied Rowan's wrists, arms, ankles and legs. "Do you really think you have power over me in my own kingdom?"

"AH! RELEASE ME THIS INSTANCE!"

"Temper, your Highness. We would not want the other clans to think that the Phoenix clan is being led by a bratty man child who throws a fit whenever he does not get what he wants, do we?"

The fire in Rowan's eyes was extinguished.

"My apologies, your Divinity."

The vines released Rowan as it returned to the ground.

"Like what I said, I truly understand where you are coming from. However, all of us have roles to play. Refusing to do your part, will tip the balance of everything and destruction will be the only outcome consequence."

Rowan dropped on his knees. With his palms covering his face as he wiped his tears.

The Orakulua knelt on one knee, in front of Rowan and grabbed him by the arms.

"It is not your path to decide what should happen or should not happen." The Orakulua said as he led Rowan to stand erect. "You are the king of your clan. Act like one. As leaders of our clans, we all have a burden carry."

"How can you be so unaffected? How can you be so cruel to tell me to forsaken my brother. Before I am king of the Phoenix, I am a brother first to Helios!"

"How could I not be? I am the Orakulua and king of the Forest clan. I see nothing but the evil and destruction of the past, present and future. Do you think it is wise, practical even, to entertain the luxury of emotion of someone who is in my position. This the burden, I, as a king and Orakulua, should carry. You have yours. We all have burdens to carry in lifetime and, we should stay true to our paths."

--- end of chapter ---