74. Kaleidescope

Rowan felt like his chest was closing down on as his heart beat in so much pain. The thought of his beloved brother being dead brought him tremendous emotional pain that was transmuting into physical.

"Relax your Highness, it's your emotions that is causing your pain."The Orakulua began to say. "Take in air slowly and push it slowly as well."

"Damoiseau."

"Your Divinity, how can I serve you?" The male servant asked.

"Please bring his Highness to the room we've prepared for him."

"Your Highness, please rest for now. We'll talk about this further tomorrow."

Rowan remained silent as he was being escorted to his room.

Inside the room, Rowan was feeling a bit better.

He was looking at the stained glasses mirror that when you looked outside, it was like looking through a kaleidescope. He remember when he first saw a kaleidescope he was around ten Earth years old.

"Rowan."

The younger version of Rowan was sitting by the stream when he heard Helios calling him.

"Rowan."

Immediately, he got up from the grass and ran behind the big tree.

"Rowan."

Helios was on the bridge pretending to look for Rowan. Helios had always known where Rowan's hiding places were. Helios walked down the bridge and walked near the tree.

"Where, oh, where can I find my dearest brother?" Helios said loudly like some over acting thespian on stage. "Where is my brother?"

Rowan giggled a bit. Helios could always make Rowan laugh with his bad acting. However, Rowan teased his brother by staying in his hiding place and giggling some more.

"Oh, well. I guess, Rowan is nowhere to be found. Alas, I brought him a gift." Helios said as he began to walk away.

"I'm here silly." Rowan said as he came from behind the tree. "Where's my gift?"

"What I was gone for weeks and all you can say is where is your gift?" Helios acted. "What a cruel brother I have?!"

"Yeah, yeah, where is my gift."

Helios reached inside his left sleeves and pulled a tube.

"What is it?"

"A kaleidescope."

"Let me see."

Helios handed over Rowan the kaleidoscope. "Do you see the hole in it?

Rowan nodded.

"Put your one eye on the hole and as you look inside close the other eye."

"What do you see?"

"Colors everywhere."

"Slowly, turn it, either on the left or right."

"Oh, this so cool." Rowan exclaimed.

"That's right!"

The older Rowan exclaimed to himself. "The kaleidescope could be the key."

--- end of chapter ---