134. Cannot fight destiny

The prince of the Vatr clan was awestruck at what the High General of the Forest clan had revealed to him.

Oisin could see the shock from North's face.

"How could ... " North could not make a coherent statement. "This is impossible ... how ..."

Oisin sighed. "That's what I want to know as well."

Oisin turned his back on the prince and looked at the vastness of the Mystic Lake of Draconem.

"What an uncanny coincidence this is?" North said.

"My prince, you know, that there is no such thing as coincidence." Oisin began to say as he faced the prince.

"I bid you farewell for now. But, I have a feeling that we will be seeing each other very soon." Oisin said and left the garden.

North was left in the garden of Nymphaeaceae alone and contemplating on the riddle that his only friend had given him.

For the next three moons, the prince dreamt of the same thing. However, he refused to act on it. His resistance and stubbornness to follow his dream stemmed from the growing feeling that he might find something that he did not what to know. Or, he was dying to know, however, knowing might destroy something important in his life.

On the ninth moon, fate took matters in its hands. No matter how hard North tried to fight against his destiny, he lost in the end.

North was awakened as sharp teeth impaled in this flesh. When he opened his eyes, he saw himself in the Dragon's Chamber and had his left arm inside the dragon's mouth.

Blood were dripping from this arms as the eyes of the dragon shone.

--- end of chapter ---