123. Behind closed door

Bendt closed the door behind him. He, then, pulled a chair for Luca. Luca sat on the chair first and then Iollan followed.

"My prince, would like some tea?" Bendt asked his master.

"No, thank you, Bendt."

"How about you, your Regency, would you care of another cup?"

"I'm good, esquire."

After that Bendt moved away from the two gentlemen and stood by the door.

"My Prince," Iollan began to say. "Pardon me for disturbing you at this late and stormy night. However ..." Iollan speech trailed off.

"Speak freely. I own the life of this esquire." Luca said. "You said that the bird had decided to take a dip in the water."

"Yes, my Prince."

"What had transpired for the bird's sudden action?"

"The Prince of the Phoenix clan, Helios was abducted by the Prince of the Vatr clan, North aided by the High General of the Forest clan, Oisin."

"What?!" Luca was stunned. "Has the Council verified this information."

"I'm afraid so, my Prince." Iollan answered. "The esquire of Prince Helios narrated everything to the Council during the inquest."

"Do tell." Luca said.

"After the sun had retired from the horizon, Prince Helios was worried that Field of the Fireflies had been damaged due to the heavy rain that we are having for the last three days. According to the esquire, he was standing less than ten meters from Prince Helios. As they continued to inspect the field, the esquire said he saw a someone approached the Prince from the left side of the field. It was the Prince of the Vatr clan, North. Prince North, suddenly, attack his master with his powers. As he was about to ran to protect Prince Helios, someone grabbed him from behind. He turned around and saw that it was the High General of the Forest clan, Oisin. He fought General Oisin for quite sometime, however, but he lost. General knocked him cold and when he woke up Prince Helios was gone."

--- end of chapter ---