192. Part V: Restless night

The scenes that were transpiring in the village as it happened were being seen and heard by the Adamahns. It was like some moving images that were being projected against the wall of the circular receiving area of the cave.

"What's happening?" Helios asked.

"I think, it has something to do with us." North replied.

"I would not rule it out." Henry began to say. "I think those are Earth's soldiers and weaponries."

"But, I thought, Addy's magic took care of everything?"

"It did." Addy answered. "But you do know my power is finite, right?" Addy said a bit irritated.

"Relax, Addy." Oisin said.

Henry placed his right hand on Addy's left shoulder and gently squeezed it.

"Look," Henry intervened. "It's late. We all been through a lot. We are all tired. Let's talk about this after we have taken much needed rest. We can figure it all out later. Okay?"

Addy nodded and walked towards his resting chamber. So, did Helios and North.

"Hey, listen." Oisin begin to say. "What do you think about all of this?"

"Honestly?" Henry replied.

"Yes, honestly."

"Well, I do believe with an entrance like we had earlier, it is impossible for the humans not to take notice. It is only natural for the humans to take all the precautionary steps, even take an aggressive offense to the things that they do not understand."

Henry paused and sighed heavily.

"You and I know this very well." Henry said.

"Yes." Oisin responded. "The fear that drives even the gentlest creature into savagery."

"That is something we need to prevent from happening here." Henry began to say. "Besides, we have to assimilate fast with the ways of the humans. The Council of Regents already know that someone opened a portal."

"Is that why you were wounded earlier?" Oisin asked.

"Yes."

--- end of chapter ---