153. Part I: Inside the circular court

The day had come when the Council of Regents had to weigh the dispute between the Phoenix and Vatr clans due to the disappearance of Prince Helios.

Seventy-seven members of the Council of Regents were already seated inside the circular court located in the middle of Nuraghe. Seven of those seventy-seven members were elected to preside as High Councils to weigh the validity of the arguments and evidences before they could pass judgment accordingly.

Both the king of the Phoenix and the king of the Vatr were already seated in their seats at the opposite side facing each other. While the main arbitrator, the prince of the Aeolian was seated opposite where the seven High Councils were.

As soon as the seven High Councils entered the circular court, everything went silence. After they took their seat, one of the High Council, then, began to speak.

"The Council of Regents call this arbitration in the interest of knowing the truth behind the disappearance of the first prince of the Phoenix clan. In connection to this, an eyewitness stated that it was the prince of the Vatr clan aided by the High General of the Forest clan who abducted the first prince of the Phoenix clan."

"I protest your High Council," King L'Nykt said as he stood on the podium near to his seat. "The term abducted is inaccurate, misleading and malicious word to be used at this stage."

There was murmuring in the background.

"Silence." The High Council seated in the middle said. "Why do you say that King L'Nykt."

"It was never proven that my son, Prince North was involved in all of these." King L'Nykt replied. "Besides, using the word 'abducted' isn't that a bit premature? One may misunderstand the High Council choice of word and think that the High Council is favoring another over the other, wouldn't you agree?"

King Nike stood on the podium and was about to speak. However, the High Council in the middle began to speak. "Our humblest apologies for the incorrect term. Surely, we do not want anyone to accuse that this Council is being prejudice without seeing any of the evidences or hearing the accounts of the events that took placed."

"Thank you, your High Council." King L'Nykt said.

--- end of chapter ---