146. The king's command

King Nike looked at the window and saw the weather had gotten worse.

Wren and Tryk were confused as to why the king suddenly called them.

"I know that I have given you both permission to stay at Prince Rowan's side." The king began to say. "However, I have a good reason for asking you both to leave the prince."

Tryk looked at Wren. However, the king spoken again. "Tryk, please do not do that."

Tryk eyes bulged, the king knew that the twin knights could communicate with their mind.

"Wren, it's okay. I know your brother did not mean any disrespect. However, I suspended both your abilities to communicate using your thoughts."

"We apologize, your Highness." Wren and Tryk said.

"No harm done." The king said as he faced the twins. "I want you to go the Valley of the Wandering Souls."

The brothers listened attentive to the king.

"I want you to find the High General of the Forest clan, Oisin." King Nike continued. "And, bring him to Klassischer oder Tholosnuraghe of the Regency by midday the day after tomorrow."

The king paused.

"We need to find him first before L'Nykt does. He has to confess to the Council of Regents his sins as well as that of the prince of the Vatr committed against our clan."

"What if the Orakulua intervened? What shall we do, then, your Highness." Wren asked.

"Do not worry about the Orakulua," The king said. "He would not get in the way."

"As you will it, it shall be done, my king." Both Wren and Tryk said as they bowed before the king.

"Tryk," The king said which made the twin knights stopped from turning around and heading out the door. "I know you do not like leaving the prince alone in the northern gate of the Naelyan."

King Nike walked towards the twins and placed his hands on their shoulders. "My deepest gratitude to you both. Thank you for being a loyal friend to my son."

The twins bowed again before they left the chamber.

--- end of chapter ---