115. It was a stormy night

Howling wind, thunderclaps and the sound of pouring rain disturbed the summer night. In an open field, lightening strike like dancing lights.

A white horse carrying two men covered in long hooded cape foolishly journeyed the ominous night. The other man seemed unconscious as he rode in front of the other rider. He was laying on the horse, somewhat strapped, as they sped on.

In less than a mile or so, a group of soldiers rode fast in pursuit of the men riding the white horse. As the soldiers lessen the distant between them and the persons that they were after, someone in the group spoken.

"Archers, get ready!" A man shouted.

"Ready!" The voices of the archers replied.

"Fire!"

It seemed that a dozen of arrows initially flew in the air heading to the direction of the persons that the soldiers were pursuing.

"Fire!"

And, another dozen of arrows flew again.

"AH!" The rider of the white horse cried as he got hit by the arrow on the left shoulder. He fell on the ground and the horse ran a few more steps before it halted.

Immediately, the man stood up from the ground and grabbed the arrow from his left shoulder and pulled it out.

"AHHH!!!"

As he cried in pain, his body combusted and blue flames surrounded his body. He, then, raised his hands in a form of the letter V. Then, he fired blue flames into the air melting the iron of the arrows' head and burning the wooden shaft into dust in seconds.

The soldiers were still determined to capture the mysterious man. They continued to attack the man with their arrows.

The mysterious man, then, pointing his hands to the ground and like a flame thrower, his hands disperse an immense volume of blue flames. Within seconds, he was able to create a wall of fire as high a tenth floor building.

He, immediately, went to his horse and pulled his companion off the animal's back. He, then, carried him.

The flaming wall waned and the soldiers ran passed through it. The mysterious man got hit again by an arrow. This time it was his right leg that got injured. He turned around and his hood fell off from his head revealing his face.

It was Helios and his eyes were burning in blue flames. Soon, his whole body was covered in blue flames again except this time the burning flame was in the form of a phoenix.

After that Helios flew away carrying the man in his arms.

--- end of chapter ---