56. The Bait

Illac being a great hunter that he was, he had to relay on two important things - his skills and instinct. As a natural born killer, Illac had a vast understanding how living organisms operate such as their rationals, emotions and aspirations.

He knew, too well, where, when and how to catch his prey.

Illac knew that Huntley would be the key in finding the Star Child. He knew Henry would visit Huntley soon to know the human's condition after the explosion. Once, he visited Huntley, Henry would lead him to where North was. North, being the keeper of the Star Child, would lead him to it. And when that happened, his mission to eliminate the Star Child would be completed.

From the mountain, Illac told Tanner to head to Lunar Lake Medical Hospital. The hospital where Henry brought Huntley.

Henry, though, already tired, had no choice but to push with all his might carrying the prince and his lover to their safe house. Their secret harbor was an abandoned mining cave.

Addy and Henry used that cave as their hiding place when they first came to Earth. Addy had placed potent spells and guardians through and through the cave.

Due to Addy's magic, local residents believed the old mining cave was haunted by evil spirits and no one dared to come close to it.

Finally, Henry arrived at the mouth of the cave. He could see the energy barrier blocking the entrance.

"Etxe honen maisua naiz, babesleku eta kanpokoen babesa ematen diet."
(I am the master of this house, grant me refuge and protection from outsiders.)

Henry shouted. After that, Henry saw the energy barrier disappear.

He entered the cave. And then, he said.

"Etxe honen maisu naiz, sarrera guztia zigilatu eta besteek babesten dut."
(I am the master of this house, seal all entryway and protect me from others.)

Though, Henry was standing there just a foot away from the mouth of cave, from the outside looking in, the cave appeared to be empty.

--- end of chapter ---