132. Dragon's door

It was the year that passed, during the fête of Amethystos. It was late at night when North retired in his chamber.

Suddenly, he heard someone whispered his name. He looked around and there was no one. He was about to go back to sleep where he heard his name being called out again.

"Hello, is anyone there?" The prince asked.

"My prince follow my voice."

Curiosity got the grip of the prince's soul and he went out of his chamber. He followed the voice which gave him directions where to go and turn. He reached a part of the palace which he had never seen before.

"Come in." The voice said.

The prince opened the door and stepped inside the chamber. The door suddenly closed on its own. He tried to open the door but the door would not budge.

"Come follow me." The voice said again.

The prince looked around and could not see anyone. However, he saw the symbols engraved at the walls of the room and a big block of stone in the center of the room. He could not understand the symbols on the walls, but, it was seemed familiar to the Vatrian writings.

He, then, inspected the big square stone in the middle of the room. There was nothing special about it except for the dragon's head with its mouth open sculptured on it.

The prince touched the stone and he felt a heartbeat. He, then, placed his right ear against the stone and could hear the sound of heart beat.

This made the prince more curious. He walked around the big stone again trying to find something or anything that could give him more clue. But, he could not find anything.

He looked at the dragon's head which was painted in blue-green as same as its eyes which was made of beryl stone.

He squated and looked inside the mouth of the dragon, however, he could see anything. He, then, placed his right hand inside the dragon's mouth hoping to find something. Instead, the dragon's mouth closed and impaled its teeth in the prince's flesh.

"AHHH!" North screamed as he opened his eyes.

He found himself seated on his bed sweating profusely.

--- end of chapter ---