72. The Visitor

"I understand." Number One replied.

"We have to conclude this session, Number One." Orakulua said.

"Good day, your Divinity." Number One said.

"Damoiseau, please show our visitor in."

"Good day, your Divinity." Rowan greeted the Orakulua.

"Good day, your Highness." Orakulua said as he stood up from the ground. "We've been expecting you."

"If that is the case, you also know why I am here."

"Of course, but, I want to hear from you what you want to know?"

"Helios' essence, how do I unlock it?"

"How can you unlock something which you do not have the key to unlock it with?"

"Touché." Rowan responded.

"How do I set free the Star Child, then?"

"Your Highness, you know all the answers to these questions of yours before you came here." The Orakulua said sarcastically. "Surely, you did not travel two worlds just to ask questions which you already have the answers to, do you? Shouldn't you be asking me the real question of your conscience?"

"As always, all Orakulua are straight to the point." Rowan responded. "Is there a way for me to save my brother?"

"No." Orakulua said bluntly.

"Dammit it."

"It is not your path to save him. It is his path to bring the Star Child into existence so that Adamah can survive."

The Orakulua paused. Rowan tried not to get emotional.

"I understand where you are coming from. I know you think that it is not fair that your brother should be sacrificed for the survival of our world. It makes you so angry to think of what is to come. However, my dear King of the Phoenix, what is destined to happen will come to pass. We cannot control or stop it. Doing otherwise would be comparable to a trout struggling to swim upstream."

"So, you are saying I should give up and let my brother die?!" Rowan trying to control his anger.

"Yes."

--- end of chapter ---