31. Snatched

North was laying down on the bed with his head resting on his right arm.

All of the sudden, a shadow grabbed him by the head. His eyes glowed as he screamed. The light that came from his eyes shoot up like a beam.

Silas was sleeping soundly as Oisin stepped out of the bed and walked to the bedroom window. There he saw the beam of light shooting to the night sky.

He moved swiftly and quietly to get dressed. Immediately, he left Silas' condo and began to scour the city. Ten minutes had passed, when the light suddenly disappeared.

"Dammit!" Oisin cursed.

He closed his eyes and tried to sense the crumbs of energy dust from the beam. When he opened his eyes, it was glowing and then it waned. Then, the dust crumbs appeared and began to follow to its direction.

Several minutes after, he ended up at the foothill where Ajax lived.

He slowly walked his way up the street and followed the dust trail into Ajax's apartment. Once, outside Ajax's apartment door, he kicked the door opened. The door flew inside Ajax's apartment. Oisin drew out a dagger before entering the unit.

The streetlight shone inside the apartment as Oisin surveyed the unit and saw no one. He, even, went to the bathroom and still found no one.

Oisin felt the residual energy of a sceadu. This made Oisin panicked.

"If a sceadu was sent to this place, the Star Child could not be far away." Oisin said.

Oisin heard a police siren was approaching in less than thirty meters. He went out of the apartment, down the steel stairs and casually walked down the street.

Meanwhile, Ajax was passed out on the table. The tea cup was on the floor shattered into piece.

Thorn stood up from his chair.

"My lord it is done." A sceadu appeared from behind Thorn.

--- end of chapter ---

Additional character: