183. Part II: The arrival

The night has fallen. The festivity continued in the small countryside village.

Suddenly, the weather changed abruptly. Strong wind blew like a small tornado that was forming. The water in the lake started to rise and the ground trembled.

People in the festival began to panic as their peaceful merrymaking night was turning into a catastrophe.

Suddenly, across the heaven, a beam of light illuminated the night.

"Look!"

A man pointed out into the sky. The people near him looked at where he was pointing. They saw what seemed to be four fire balls flying in the sky. It seemed that the comets were going to make a direct impact to where the festival was.

Unexpectedly, the power went out and people panicked. Everything went dark. It was pandemonium as people tried to leave the venue.

The comets continued to descend from the Heaven. Then, as it passed through the forest leading to the lake, the trees below ignited and fire started. Darkness disappeared as burning trees served as light of the night.

People tried to run away and save themselves and their loved ones, however, it was too late. As the comets passed by the venue the stalls burst into flames. The water in the lake boiled and all vegetation in the comets' path caught fire.

As for the people of the festival, due to the heat that emanated from the comets, all attendees lost conscious.

Back in the Space Centre Facility.

"I thought we still have two hours before those comets entered our atmosphere!" Captain Santiago yelled at Dr. Yang.

"Based on the flight path of those asteroid, we do." Dr. Yang replied. "However, when it suddenly plummets to Earth that I have no explanation."

Dr. Yang and Captain Santiago could not believe what had happened. The Space Centre Facility super computers calculated the possible enter time of the asteroids in Earth's atmosphere. What happened was something that science could not explain.

--- end of chapter ---