91. Facade

The night was bit cold. Henry had just stepped out of the convenient store. He listened carefully to the news on the television without arousing suspicion on him. Luckily, it seemed the weather had provided Henry the perfect alibi to wear his hoodie. In doing so, this helped him conceal his face without sticking out in the crowd. Henry knew that it was only a matter of time before the police get hold of his picture as well as of Addy's.

Earlier that night, Henry visited Huntley in the hospital. Huntley regained consciousness and authorities immediately questioned him about what happened in the mountain.

The night was barely six in the evening and Henry walked around town. He stopped by the park and sat on the bench overlooking a pond. He placed the plastic bags beside him as he watch the ducks swam in the water.

There were some people lounging on the grass while some were doing their cardio by running in the park. Some people were either with their significant other, families, friends or just walking their pets.

Some teenage girls around seventeen or eighteen, looked and smiled at Henry as they passed by him. Henry laughed a bit at the girls' reaction towards him. If they only knew that he was at least three times older than most living humans, how would they react, he thought.

Henry continued to sit on the bench thinking how mundane humans lived their lives. However, at the same time, he was envious, because of that simplicity of human activities, people could still find happiness in these things day-in and day-out.

From the park, Henry could see the town's clock tower. It was almost eight and the crowd in the park had significantly dwindled. He surveyed his surroundings before he uttered the words.

"Espioitza haria agertzen da!"
(Spying thread appear!)

His eyes glowed and saw the illuminated thread attached to him.

--- end of chapter ---