96. Lethe

North had his palms covering his face as he wept while he knelt on the floor.

"North," Henry said. "Get a hold of yourself."

Addy elbowed Henry's left arm as if he was trying to tell Henry to be more sensitive.

"Listen, North." Addy began to say. "I am sure you did not killed Helios."

"I second that!" Henry added.

Addy eyed him badly for it was not the right time to be funny and all.

"Then, where is he?" North asked as he wiped the tears from his face like a child would.

"The thing is we have no idea where he might be." Addy answered.

"What do you mean?"North questioned as he stood up.

"You do not remember what happened, do you?"

"What happened?" North was puzzled. "The last thing that I remembered was opening a room's door at the tower where I suspected where the Sword of Ray might be. Then, the next thing that I know, I am here with you guys."

"And when was that?"Addy asked.

"Yesterday."

"What is the date yesterday, North?"

"The day after Earth's new year."

Henry and Addy looked at each other shocked by what North had said.

"North that was more than three months ago!" Henry blurted out.

"What do you mean?"

"It's 9th of March today." Henry replied.

North's eyes widened in disbelief.

"You really do not remember anything for the last three months?" Addy asked.

"No."

"Perhaps, this is what the humans called amnesia. It is a condition where a person loses his memory for a period of time." Addy continued.

"How do we get my memory for the past three months?"

"I have no idea, too." Addy said.

"I am sorry to say this, North." Henry interrupted. "It's not that I am not sympathetic with your condition. However, we have a bigger issue to deal with." Henry paused and sighed. "The Star Child."

--- end of chapter ---