138. Backfired

Some feet away from the entrance of the forest at the backroad near the castle of the Vatr, Illac appeared behind the shadows of the trees. From where he was, he could see three guys dressed in long white hooded robes.

Illac could only the see the back of the third person as that person bowed to the prince of the Vatr and prince of the Phoenix. Then, he saw a portal opened and the person entered it leaving the princes alone.

Prince Helios mounted the horse and the horse began to act crazily. The horse raised up both its front legs which was uncharacteristic for Helios' horse who always remained calm and regal.

Skillful, Helios controlled his animal. Suddenly, a loud noise stirred behind them. North felt the disturbance from the Mystic Lake of Draconem.

North could not believe it. His father, the king of the Vatr, was riding the wave.

"North, I, your king order you to get away from the prince of the Phoenix." King L'Nykt said.

While that was happening, prince Helios' horse levade again as if it was kicking something in the air. Then, it appeared, Illac became visible and laid unconscious on the road.

"Izotz lantzak"
(Ice spears)

King L'Nykt said as splashes of water transmuted it into three sharp ice spears.

"NO!" North cried out.

The spears were targeting Helios who had his back from the lake as he tried to calm his stallion.

North was able to stop one ice spear by conjuring a hot water while Helios was in time to see the approaching ice spear towards him and melt it by conjuring a flame torch.

However, the third spear was about to hit Helios from behind and Helios was still occupied. Immediately, North ran behind Helios blocked the ice spear with his body.

North was hit on the chest and his body began to freeze.

"NO!" King L'Nykt cried out. "Damn you, Helios this is all your fault."

Helios jumped off his horse.

"North!" Helios said as he caught North's body. "Stay with me." Helios said as he could see the frost starting to spreading into North's body.

Helios, then, placed his right hand on North's chest and began countering the effect of the ice with the heat of his hand. The frost disappeared and the wound where the spear pierced was seared shut.

"Capture Helios!" King L'Nykt commanded.

Immediately, the Vatr soldiers came running to surround Helios. Helios carried North and put him on the back of the horse. He, then, mounted the animal and rode away.

As Helios made their escaped, he conjured a wall of fire to delay the Vatr soldiers from following them.

--- end of chapter ---