46. Was It or Was It Not

The black metallic cube began to move on top of the table. Slightly at first, then, the cube seemed to move more. Inched by inched, it moved until it fell on the table.

Thud.

Ajax fell hard on the floor from the bed. It had been three days since the day Ajax's apartment door was broken down.

Ajax opened his eyes and the sunbeam was directed in his face. He sat up on the floor stretched his arms upwards. He, then, stood up and his huge morning wood was stretching out his white boxer briefs.

His mobile phone rang.

"What's up?" He said.

"Good. You are awake. Do not forget we have lunch with Dad and Mom later on." Huntley said.

"Yeah."

"Do you want me to pick you up?"

"No.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Bye-bye."

Ajax knew if he did not end the call right away, Huntley would just keep on bugging me. Huntley had been overly been protective of Ajax than normal since he learned the break in.

Ajax thoughtfully looked out at the window.

"Is it all a dream or not?" Ajax said. "It seemed so real."

He said as his continued to look out of the window.

"This is the third time, I dreamt of that room." He paused. "First, it was just seeing the room. Second, I was inside the room. And now, I was in the room with North."

Ajax noticed something strange. He saw a teenage boy entering the coffee shop. The same coffee shop where Thorn gave him a concoction that made him forget things that happened for the 24 hours. The shop that was two blocks away from his apartment.

"Whoa!" He closed his eyes and opened it again. "What fuck is going on?"

He grabbed his eyeglasses on the table and put it on. When he did, his vision became blurry. When he removed it, he had normal visual acuity.

He was still holding his eyeglasses when his hands began to glow. The light, though, a bit weak, still it was glowing.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!"

--- end of chapter ---