143. Part III: A pair of kings and a prince

The rain continued to pour as the light from the sun dimly illuminated the sky.

Flaxen was one magnificent stallion as he continued to fight against the storm that had not wane.

In the eating chamber of the king overlooking the garden of Nymphaeaceae, he could see the restlessness of the water of the Mystic Lake of Draconem. His contemplation was interrupted when he saw Prince Luca riding his winged horse approaching the palace.

The king hurriedly walked to the palace hall.

"Hail to his Lordship ..." The court's esquire began to announce.

"Yeah ... yeah ... enough with that." King L'Nykt said as he continued to walk to his throne.

It was comical actually. The highest person in the land of the Vatr was somehow excitedly walking, almost running, towards his throne. Once, he was seated on his throne, he could not decide how he should seat to impress his royal visitor.

The court' esquire, then, announced.

"Prince of the Knight, Golden Knight of the Highest Order, venerated cousin of his Majesty King Henry, Prince Luca has arrived."

Prince Luca was holding his golden helmet with his left while his other was holding a parchment. Once, Prince Luca at the within ten feet away from the throne, he stopped and bowed to the king of the Vatr.

"Your Lordship," Prince Luca began to say. "I deeply apologize for coming this early and unannounced." Luca change his position and stood with perfect posture fighting for a royalty. "But, I must deliver this message to you from the Council of Regents."

"Why are you so formal?" The king said. "You and I have been friends for a long time."

"Here is the letter from the Council of Regents, my Lord." Prince Luca ignored what the king said and proceeded to the order of his visit.

The esquire took the parchment and gave it to the king. The king, then, broke the seal and read quietly.

--- end of chapter ---