191. Part IV: Restless night

The winged creatures that Addy had conjured split up and went to several locations. One of the butterflies went to the sleepy village near the mountain.

Suddenly, noises disturbed the small village from its slumber. Three military trucks carrying soldiers, two Marauders, five Humvees and a medical mobile unit rode into the town' s square.

Immediately, the soldiers came out the trucks carrying their guns and gears. Some soldiers secured the perimeters of the town's square while others began to set up a long tent. The rest of the foot soldiers trailed after the Humvees as they went to scour the village.

The military knocked from house to house and asked the villagers to go the town's square as the village was placed under military quarantine.

The town's folks were puzzled why their village was being placed under lockdown. However, they had no choice but to follow as instructed.

In a matter of an hour, the military had gathered most of the village's people in the town's square.

"I am the head of this village." The elderly man with silvery hair said. "May I speak to the person in charge?"

"Sir, the Captain is currently busy." The soldier replied respectful. "If you could wait over there." The soldier was pointing at where the rest of the villagers were. "I will inform the Captain that you wish to talk to him."

Captain Santiago went out of the tent which served as their headquarter.

The soldier saluted when he saw his commander.

"At ease." The captain said. "I'll take it from here."

The soldier stopped saluting and relax his posture.

"I am Captain Santiago." The captain said to the elderly man.

"Hugo Miller." The old man said.

"It's perfect timing that you are here." Captain Santiago began to say. "I would like to ask you to serve as liaison between the villagers and us. We would need everyone's cooperation for us to complete our mission here."

"In this unholy hour?" Hugo exclaimed. "What could possibly be that important that it cannot wait until the morning."

"That's classified." Captain Santiago said firmly."However, the sooner everyone cooperates, the sooner everyone can go backwith their lives. As of this time, nobody is allowed to enter or leave thisvillage."

--- end of chapter ---