24. Shooting star

North, slowly, opened his eyes. He was befogged, at first, and could not remember what happened.

Enfeebled, he stood up from the floor. And, when he heard someone moaned, he turned around. He saw Ajax was leaning on the wall with his eyes and was bare chested.

He, then, remembered how he met Ajax. How he followed Ajax to back to his apartment. How Ajax could see and touch him. How Ajax's lips touched his that made him remember his name. And, how he felt so exhausted after that kiss.

He was flabbergasted when he saw Ajax was having sex with another man. He could not move. He did not know what to do. He wanted to stop everything but how could he. He wanted to beat the man who was having sex with Ajax but how could he.

Then, he thought, why he was feeling that way?

"Am I jealous?" North blurred out those words aloud.

He knew better not to feel anything. He knew better not to let his emotions get the best of him. And yet, it pained him so much that he could not do anything.

As North could not bear to see or hear what was happening, he wanted to leave Ajax's apartment. And just as he was to make a step towards the door, suddenly, it opened.

"HOLY FUCK!!!"

Amidst, the chaotic incident, North could help but be thankful to the man who barged into Ajax's apartment. He walked away and stood by the window with a huge smile on his face.

Inside the bus, Rahel was seated at the last row by the window. His eyes glowed when the crimson shooting star appeared in the dark sky.

As Oisin continued to fuck Silas, his eyes glowed when the crimson shooting star travelled the starless horizon.

Meantime, as Ajax stepped outside of his apartment, North's eyes glowed as the crimson shooting star entered the Earth's atmosphere.

A crimson shooting star illuminated the sky.

The silent sky was broken as the crimson shooting star made its way across the starless heaven beyond Mach 1 speed.

--- end of chapter ---