155. Part III: Inside the circular court

"Has the High Council forgotten about the stone of Iolite?" The prince of the Aeolian clan began to say.

There was silence in the circular court.

"Regent Iollan," Prince Luca called and the Regent stood from where he was in the crowd.

"Yes, Prince Luca." Regent Iollan replied.

"Kindly remind this court right now what this stone of Iolite is all about."

Every eyes in chamber turned and looked at Regent Iollan.

"The Iolite is like what Prince Luca had said. It is a very unique stone for none of it exists in the whole of Adamah. That stone came to exist when Prince North was born."

There was murmuring in the crowd.

"The Iolite stone is believed to be Prince North's twin."

Regent Iollan statement further created uproar in the crowd.

"SILENCE!" The High Council said.

"How can we be sure of its authenticity?" The High Council asked the Regent.

"The stone matches the description we have in our archive."

"Certainly that is a forge stone!" King L'Nykt protested.

"Fake? How can you be sure that it is a forgery?" The High Council asked the king of the Vatr.

"The Iolite stone or the Water Sapphire is safely locked in a vault inside the Dragon's Chamber." King L'Nykt declared.

"When was the last time you checked it?" King Nike asked.

The king of the Vatr was silent for a while.

"WHEN?" King Nike demanded an answer.

"The day after the prince was born." King L'Nykt confessed. "We placed it in the vault inside the Dragon's Chamber."

"And, this vault inside the Dragon's Chamber, who can open it?"

King L'Nykt could not believe that King Nike questioning was very accurate. In fact, it was quite leading as if the king of the Phoenix knew something that he did not know.

"Only with the prince's blood can the vault be open."

--- end of the chapter ---