129. Baffling escape

"Father," Rowan began to say. "Do you perchance know the current whereabouts of Helios' esquire?"

"Yes," King Nike said. "For the meantime, I had him circumscribed in the east tower until this matter is straightened out."

"As always, you are wise, father."

"Thank you, my son." King Nike said. "I just came here to see before you set out for your first mission. I just wished that the circumstance had been different, though."

"Thank you, father." Rowan began to say. "I will not delay you further." Rowan said. "Please leave everything to me and I assure you that everything will be ready before your arrival."

After the king left his son's chamber, Rowan waited a few seconds before he shuck out of his room.

He stuck his head out of the chamber's door and checked the hallway to ensure that his father was gone.

Cautiously, he stepped out of his room and hurriedly walked at first down the palace corridors. Then, his feet slightly changed rhythm as if he was almost running.

Rowan was very carefully that no one see where he was going. The east tower was located at farther back from his chamber. Rowan knew that he needed to hasten.

As he walked the stairs to the chamber in the east tower, there were two soldiers at the door guarding the esquire.

"Your Highness," The two guardians bowed as a courtesy to Rowan.

"I wish to see the esquire." Rowan said.

The guard at the Rowan's left opened the door while the other entered the room first. Then, Rowan entered the room.

The guard did not see the esquire when he entered the room. He, then, check the bathroom and it was empty.

"I am sorry your Highness," The guard said as he stated the obvious. "The esquire escaped."

He said before ran out of the room.

Rowan remained silent as he walked by the window. Then, the horn sounded off and he could see soldiers running frantically in the courtyard.

Rowan, somewhat, expected that the room might be empty. However, as examine the only window in the room, it was absolutely impossible of the esquire to use the window as his escape route. If he did, his body should had been splattered in the courtyard.

--- end of chapter ---