Chapter 19: Buttercup Baby

*SATURDAY*

I'll be down your street at 12.

I smile reading Michael's text.

See you soon

I reply and walk in to the kitchen, getting myself some breakfast.

"Morning." My mom smiles, walking in to the kitchen.

"Morning." I smile.

"You're up early?" She lowers her eyebrows.

"Its the earliest you've been up in a while." My dad chuckles, walking in too.

I smirk and roll my eyes. Im just excited to be seeing Michael and spending some time with him.

"Don't suppose you want to help out at the coffee shop again? Seeing as you're up early." My mom asks.

"I can't, sorry." I smile widely.

"And whys that?" My mom asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I have plans today."

"What plans?"

"Plans." I shrug and smile.

"Hmm." She gives me a look. "With who?"

"Jade..." I lie.

"Oh." She raises her eyebrows.

"So you'll have to cope without me." I smile and stand up, putting my empty cereal bowl in the sink.

"What will you two be doing today?"

"Just hanging out."

My mom gives me a look, like she doesn't believe anything I'm saying. I smile and leave the kitchen, going upstairs to get ready.

I finish in the shower and then look through my wardrobe. What shall I wear today? I smile to myself feeling the butterflies already. I wonder if we will kiss again today? I dont want things to go awkward again afterwards though, so maybe it's best if we dont kiss... but his lips are all I've been thinking about so it will be hard not to.

I apply some light makeup, adding some natural looking colours to my eyelids and cheeks. I apply mascara and put on some cherry lip balm, finishing my look.

I dry my hair, and brush it through. I curl a few bits and then put on my outfit I've chosen to wear.

 I curl a few bits and then put on my outfit I've chosen to wear

I look at myself in the mirror. Maybe this is too much? It's my favourite summer dress... but maybe it's too much for a driving lesson? It shows off my legs a lot... I bite my lip, unsure of the outfit. Well... I want to keep Michael's attention... so maybe I'll keep it on. I spray on some perfume and head downstairs, looking at the time. Its 11... just an hour to go.

I walk in to the kitchen, checking my phone to see if Michael has text anything else.

"Wow." My mom says.