Chapter 26: It's Not A Date

I sit in the library on my own working. I rest my chin in my hand and sigh. I can't focus. All I'm thinking about is Michael. I still dont know why him and Holly were talking. I try reading a book but my mind keeps wondering. I put the book down and shake my head. Theres no point in reading if I'm not going to take any of it in.

Just as I look up I see Michael walk through. He glances around and locks his eyes on me. I look away and sit up in my chair. I see him start walking towards me. I glance up a couple of times as he gets closer.

"I need to talk to you." He says walking past my table now.

"I'm studying."

He stops and looks down at me. He gives me a look and then nods, walking off. I sigh and watch him go off. What does he want to talk to me about? I stand up and walk after him. I follow him to the back of the library. He turns his head and smirks seeing me behind him. He knew I was going to follow him...

"Thought you were studying?" He asks.

I give him a look.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" I ask, ignoring what he just said.

He glances around and opens a door. He stands looking at me. He motions me to go in to the little room. I lower my eyebrows and walk in. It looks like this is where they keep more books, but it's a tiny room. He walks in and closes the door looking at me. I look down, feeling nervous.

"Is your phone broke?" He asks.

I shake my head, now looking at him.

"No." I lower my eyebrows.

"You haven't been replying to my texts."

"Oh, so you think I've been ignoring you?" I smirk.

"I know you've been ignoring me." He scoffs. "Well, trying to." He looks me up and down.

I nod.

"And how does that make you feel? Because I hated it when you ignored me."

He sighs and folds his arms, not saying anything. I look down.

"Im not sure why you're texting me after what happened? I just thought this is what you wanted? No more private contact."

"Yeah... I thought that too." He rubs the back of his neck.

I give him a look.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I've been thinking about you... and I wanted to talk to you about the driving lessons too."

I look up at him. He's admitted he has been thinking about me. My stomach flips hearing him say that.

"You don't want to teach me any more." I shake my head.

"I've thought about it, and you've been doing so well I feel bad for cutting the lessons off."

I lower my eyebrows.

"I thought after everything that's happened you wanted to stay away from me? You said it would be easier to stop the lessons so we didn't spend time with each other."

He stares at me.

"I know." He nods. "But it will be a driving lesson and that's it... and I never said I wanted to stay away from you. And to be honest, it's still not been easy... I still see you every day."

I look at him feeling confused. What does he mean its not been easy? Hes giving me so many mixed signals. It's really confusing.

"You don't want any more lessons?" He asks.