Chapter 71: The Sooner the Better

Michael's smile drops when he sees my reaction.

"Alison?" He lowers his eyebrows.

I frown and look at him.

"You want me to come as your girlfriend?"

"Yeah..." He shows a little smile but looks confused as to why I'm not happy about this.

I shake my head and look out of the window, feeling annoyed and upset.

"What's wrong? I thought you would-"

"What's wrong?!" I look at him with tears in my eyes.

He frowns.

"Why are you so upset?"

I lower my eyebrows and scoff.

"Really? You want me to pretend to be your girlfriend, why?

He widens his eyes.

"What? That's not what I meant." He quickly shakes his head. "What do you mean?"

"You said you want me there as your girlfriend?" I lower my eyebrows. "What? Just for the day or something?"

I'm not going to act as his girlfriend for the day, just so he can lie to his family for whatever reason.

"No!?" He sighs and let's out a little laugh. "Sorry, what I said came across wrong. I'm saying I want you to be my girlfriend. Permanently. Like... I want us to be official."

I stare at him. Oh.

"Why would I want you to pretend? I'm serious. Will you be my girlfriend?" He stares at me, waiting for my answer.

I'm lost for words. What the hell?! This was the last thing I was expecting. He actually wants us to be official?

"I know I said I wanted to take things slow, and it's not really even been a week of you being back in my life yet... but I don't want to wait to show you how serious I am about you this time. We can still take things slow... i just want me and you to be together, properly."

Wow... Why am I still not saying anything?!

He frowns.

"I get why you thought what you did, it's ok. And it's ok if you don't want to be in a relationship with me yet, because I get that too."

I smile slowly. He instantly looks relieved and smiles with me.

"I've never had a boyfriend before."

"Is that a yes?" He raises his eyebrows.

I nod and laugh softly. He let's out a little sigh of relief.

"Yes." I wrap my arms around his neck, smiling so hard. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." He lets out a little laugh and holds my waist. "I'm just glad you said yes. For a minute I actually thought you didn't want to be with me."

I pull away from him and frown.

"Im sorry. Of course I want to be with you. I've wanted to be your girlfriend for a long time now. I would never say no." I smile. "I can't believe you have actually asked me." I bite my lip, feeling ecstatic.

He smiles and touches my chin, rubbing his thumb over my skin gently.

"Thank you." He says, looking in to my eyes.

"What for?" I smile slowly.

"For saying yes." He leans closer to my face and kisses me softly.

I smile against his lips and kiss him back slowly. Not only has he asked me to be his girlfriend but he wants me to meet his family! This is definitely showing how serious he is about me. This is what I've wanted.