Chapter 73: Applehead

So far everything has gone better than I expected. His family have made me feel really comfortable and they are all so nice to me. There have been no awkward silences... as of yet.. thankfully and we've all been chatting away, getting to know each other... but now they want to know more about me... and the questions start coming.

"How long have you worked in the art gallery for Alison?" Janet smiles.

"Not long. I used to help my mom in her coffee shop, but I got bored of that."

"So you and your family get unlimited coffee and cake?" Randy raises his eyebrows.

"Um, kind of." I laugh softly.

"You prefer working in the art gallery." Michael smiles at me.

"Yeah, making coffee isn't my thing." I show a little smile. "I only work if I'm free though."

"Free?" La'Toya looks over at me.

"Uh, yeah. Usually I'm quite busy... I study music."

"Oh, you're a student?" Katherine stares over at me.

"Yeah.." I quickly sip my drink.

It goes a bit silent, before Michael speaks up.

"Alison plays piano." Michael smiles. "And really well actually."

"I'm ok." I make a face and laugh softly.

"My memory isn't the best but I think I remember you mentioned you play piano when we spoke in the art gallery." Katherine lowers her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I did." I smile.

"And you like classical music?"

"Yeah, it's my favourite type of music."

Her memory isn't bad at all.

"It's Michael's too." Janet smiles. "But you probably already know that."

I chuckle and me and Michael look at each other.

"What would you like to do after getting your degree?" Joe asks me.

"I might continue studying to get a masters degree... or I would love to get a job in composing... or maybe playing for people. I'm not sure yet." I show a little smile.

"Or you could be a teacher like Michael." Katherine smiles.

"Maybe..." I nod slowly and glance at Michael.

"Who do you get your musical side from?" Katherine asks.

"Definitely not my mom." I smile. "My dad is a music lover, but he doesn't play anything and he can't sing either." I laugh softly. "He's an author."

"Oh, that's interesting." Katherine raises her eyebrows. "That must be where you get your creative side from then." She smiles. "Michael gets his from me."

"Right." Joe rolls his eyes and smirks.

I laugh softly and Michael grins and shakes his head.

"What does he write?" Marlon asks, sounding impressed.

"At the moment he's writing children's books, but he's written Thrillers and Dramas. He doesn't like sticking to one genre." I chuckle. "He goes from one story to another."

"So Michael has something in common with your father." Katherine raises her eyebrows. "Your dad writes books and Michael teaches English. That's a good start." She smiles.

"Yeah." I smile slowly and look at Michael.

"Have you met Alison's parents?" She asks Michael.

"Yeah." Michael nods and glances at me, taking a sip of his drink, not saying much more.