Chapter 66: Rekindle

I can feel the awkwardness between Dani and Jade... because I know Jade was hinting that she thinks Dani might still like me more than a friend after how she acted, but i know that's not true. Dani loves Jade, and she knows we are just friends. I get that Dani has her concerns about me seeing Michael, but she's just looking out for me.

They helped me pick out an outfit. I had no idea what to wear because I dont know what me and Michael are going to be doing, so I'm staying casual and not over dressing.

 I had no idea what to wear because I dont know what me and Michael are going to be doing, so I'm staying casual and not over dressing

I walk in to my bedroom and Dani and Jade turn their heads, looking at me from my bed. They both smile widely.

"You look great." Jade smiles.

"Yeah, you've definitely gone for the right look." Dani nods.

"Thanks." I show a nervous smile and feel down my jeans. "I'm not sure about the heels? Maybe they're too much?" I look down at my feet.

"No, they finish the look off girl!" Jade pulls a face.

"You dont want to look too casual." Dani shakes her head.

I smile and bite my lip, feeling nervous. I walk over to my long mirror and check myself out. I brush through my long, dark hair and apply some lip balm.

"I heard a car!" Jade quickly gets up and walks over to my window.

I widen my eyes and look over at her. Dani gets up and goes to look out too.

"What?" I say, feeling my heart race.

"Oh shit." Dani smiles.

"Mr Jackson has arrived." Jade grins, looking over at me.

"But it's not 7 yet?!" I start to panick.

"He's keen." Dani smirks.

"Fuck!" I sigh as my heart pounds against my chest.

"Oh?" Jade lowers her eyebrows.

"What?" I give her a look.

"He's got out of his car... he's about to walk right up to your front door." She gives me a worried look.

I widen my eyes. My parents are home! I can't let them see him.

"Shit!" I moan.

I quickly spray on some perfume and grab my bag.

"Distract my parents! I need to go!"

"What?" They both look at me.

"Just do it! I can't have Michael knock on the door."

"Ok ok." Jade says as they both smile and quickly leave my room.

I follow behind them and we quickly make our way downstairs.

"Good luck Al." Dani smiles at me as we reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah, have fun." Jade grins.