Chapter 55: It's No Excuse

As the week goes on I try my best to carry on as normal. I keep my head down and I keep quiet.

"Me and Jade are going on a second date Saturday night." Dani smiles at me.

"That's good." I smile. "What are you two gonna be doing?"

"We're going to get something to eat, and probably watch a movie back at the house."

I nod.

"So um, are you staying here this weekend?" She asks.

I raise my eyebrow and smile.

"Why?"

"I'm just asking." She laughs softly. "Holly and Becky are going out obviously."

"You want the house to yourself?" I smirk.

"No..." She laughs and shakes her head.

I give her a look.

"Well, kind of." She giggles. "But it's up to you. I'm not gonna make you leave."

"No don't worry. I'll let you and Jade have some alone time." I chuckle. "That's the least I can do after I ruined everything for you and her the last time."

Dani giggles.

"You didnt." She shakes her head. "You gonna go to your parents?'

"I'm not sure." I sigh. "Im not sure I can be bothered because all my mom will do is moan at me and ask why I'm so quiet. And I'm not really in the mood to work in the shop all weekend."

Dani nods.

"I'll probably apologise to Jamie and do something with him." I shrug. "I still haven't spoken to him since that kiss..."

"You haven't?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Nope. I haven't said anything to him. He probably thinks I'm such a bitch. I wont blame him if he wants to stop being friends."

"No he wont stop being your friend." She shakes her head. "He's probably fine about it all. Just tell him your head is all over the place."

I nod slowly.

"And maybe I'll go out with Holly and Becky." I shrug. "I need to make it up to Holly too. I'll buy her a drink or something."

Dani raises an eyebrow.

"You think that's a good idea?"

I give her a look.

"I mean, you know how you were the last time."

"I'm not going to get drunk." I shake my head. "Trust me, I don't want to get like that again." I laugh softly.

"You better not." Dani giggles. "I guess it would be a good way for you to really make it up with Holly."

"Yeah." I sigh. "I'll think about it."

*SATURDAY*

Becky keeps quiet and looks at Holly.

"Yeah you can join us." Holly nods and looks at me. "But Jamie will be there."

"Yeah..." I nod slowly. "I need to talk to him anyway. I think I owe you both a drink."

Holly raises an eyebrow and smiles.

"I think you do." She laughs softly.

"Maybe stay on the soft drinks tonight though?" Becky chuckles looking at me. "I dont want any arguments happening again."

"I dont want to get like that again." I shake my head.

"You can drink Al. Just dont go crazy on me." Holly laughs.