Chapter 47: Pretty Girl

I sit thinking of who that woman could be. I have a feeling shes a relation and maybe Michael's sister? She did look a lot like him. Her hair had so much volume and the same amazing curls as Michael's. I stare over at the house for a little while.

5 minutes or so passes and the front door opens. It's that woman again. I widen my eyes as she looks at me and starts walking out of the house. Michael is following quickly behind, looking like hes saying something to her... probably trying to stop her? I quickly look down at my phone. Is she coming over to the car? My heart is beating like crazy.

Theres a little knock on the window. I turn my head looking out of the car window now and see the woman smiling. Oh my God, She has to be Michael's sister. Her smile is just like his! Such a beautiful smile... she looks so pretty. I instantly smile back and then see Michael standing next to her. He doesn't look so happy... he looks a bit worried. She suddenly opens the car door.

"Hi." She says softly.

Fucking hell she even kind of sounds like him. Quite softly spoken. I glance at Michael and then back at her.

"Hi." I smile.

"Sorry I noticed you sitting in the car. Would you like to come in?" She asks. "How long has my brother let you sit out here for?" She gives him a look and then Michael gives her a look back.

"Not long." I shake my head and let out a soft laugh.

"You don't want to come in?" She asks.

I don't answer and then look at Michael.

"I'm not gonna be much longer." He shakes his head. "You don't have to-"

She cuts him off.

"I'm sorry." She smiles at me. "What's your name?"

Michael sighs.

"Alison." I smile back.

"I'm Janet, Michael's sister."

"Have you stopped interfering now? Let's go back inside." Michael shakes his head.

Janet raises her eyebrows.

"You dont think its rude to let your friend sit out here?"

Michael looks at me.

"Theres no need for Alison to come inside. I'm leaving in a few minutes."

"Oh, because I'm here now to look after Mother? I wouldn't be here Michael if you weren't late and she didn't call me worrying."

Michael rubs in face in frustration. I clear my throat, seeing things get a little heated.

"Thank you, but honestly I'm ok waiting." I show half a smile. "I hope your mom is ok."

Janet smiles.

"I just dont like my brother hiding you out here. It all feels a bit secretive."

"I'm not hiding her." He scoffs. "And Its none if your business. Nothing is secretive. I told you everything inside Janet."

She gives him a look. I know he is worried about them finding out but he doesn't have to be so cold. She looks back at me as her face softens and she smiles.

"It was nice meeting you."

"Yeah." I smile. "Nice meeting you too."

Michael shows half a smile as he shuts the car door. I watch as they walk back over to the front door. Janet is saying something to him and looks back at me a couple of times. Michael looks angry as he talks back to her. I wonder what they are saying... I sigh and slope down a little.