6 || Tag

Third Person P.O.V.

Puppet was standing on the edge of a building's rooftop, looking down on the people who were walking on the sidewalks below. Among the people who were walking on the sidewalks was a teenage girl with a purple bob cut hairstyle and headphone jacks dangling freely from her earlobes. But the thing that most caught Puppet's eye was the uniform she wore, a UA school uniform.

Puppet smiled to herself, this girl was going to be her ticket to the front gates of UA. Not only that, but Puppet recognized this girl as a student of class 1-A, the class that piqued Shigaraki's interest. But she wasn't going to worry about what Shigaraki wanted at the moment, Puppet wanted to mess with UA a bit.

Strings flew through the air a few seconds later and down towards the girl on the sidewalk.
——

Kyoka Jiro's P.O.V.

I screamed as black strings wrapped quickly and tightly around my wrists and waist.

There were civilians walking near me on the sidewalks, they could be in danger, "Stay back!" I yelled.

I was helpless as I was jerked above the ground by the strings and up to the rooftops behind me.

To my surprise I was actually placed on the rooftop lightly as if the person controlling the strings didn't want to hurt me, we'll see how long that lasts. The strings pulled me backward and away from the edge of the building so I could no longer see the ground below. My wrists were restrained tightly by either side of my head but the strings that were around my waist fell loose and came off.

"Hello, student of class 1-A." A feminine voice spoke into my right ear, it sent chills throughout my body. I had no idea who or where they were specifically so I couldn't use my quirk in any useful way until I had a better understanding of the situation. I turned my head to face the direction of where the voice came from and was met with the unsettling mask of the villain Puppet Master. I quickly averted my gaze away from her and down at the ground in front of my feet, I did not want to make eye contact.

'What's the best thing to do right now?' I asked myself. I knew little about this villain, only that she was part of the villain group that attacked the forest training camp not too long ago which meant she was most likely a member of the League of Villains. Though what I did know was enough to conclude that I definitely couldn't beat her in a one on one fight. I needed help, badly. 'Stay calm Kyoka, don't panic.' I told myself.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and asked the question I didn't exactly want to know the answer to, "What do you want?"

"Since your a UA student, I want your help getting in close to your school's gates."

"Why?" I had to drag this conversation along as best I could, the people who saw me being taken were more than likely calling for help, I just had to wait until the help got here. That shouldn't take too long, right? For now, I just need to cooperate.

"Because I want to. Now, what's your name?"

"My name is Jiro."

"Your full name."

"Kyoka Jiro."

"Good. Now tell me, do you like the game tag?"

My heart nearly stopped, 'Tag? Why tag? What's about to happen to me? What do I say, yes or no?' My mind swirled with my thoughts. I was confused and panicking, not good.

I had to answer.

I calmed myself and answered, "Yes?" Whether my answer was truthful or not, I didn't care, at this point, I was trying to make sure I got the best possible outcome from the situation.

"Great. Would you like to play a game of tag with me?"

Not a safe question, this was likely going to be a twisted version of the game. "O-Okay." I answered.

"Splendid. I'm going to go over the rules with you and you're just going to listen, got it?"

"Okay." I tried to clear my mind to listen the best I could to her rules.

"I'm going to give you a thirty second head start before I start chasing you. You need to run as fast as you can to UA, since you need to get there anyway for school. The game ends one of two ways, you reach the gates of UA and you win, or I catch you and I win. There is no time limit." She finished. "Do you have any questions?"

There was only one question floating in my mind, "What happens when you catch me?" I asked, trying to sound as calm as possible.

I could practically feel her evil smile tearing into me as the answered, "You die, and your soul becomes mine."

The strings around my wrists fell off and I looked at the villain, her smile was like something out of a horror movie.

"Your thirty second head start begins now, better get running."

I got a brief idea of my surroundings then ran to the nearest edge of the building, finding a conveniently placed ladder. I used the obstacle course training from the hero course to slide down the ladder. From where I was, I was about three minutes running distance away from UA, I just had to make it there using the quickest possible route, which would take me through several alleyways. I wasn't keeping track of how much time I had left in my thirty second head start, I just had to hope it was enough.