32 || Hawks' Move

Puppets P.O.V.

"Where ya goin'?" A familiar male voice asked from above me. It had only been a few minutes.

"None of your business Hawks, now leave and stop following me." I responded not looking at him.

"But I wanna follow you~" I heard his feet touch down on the ground behind me in the alley. I turned and faced him. I wasn't comfortable with him between me and the exit of the alley, the only two ways I could get out was the exit (which he was blocking) and the rooftops above (which he wouldn't let me get to).

Hawks opened his vermillion wings so they were wide enough to lightly graze both walls of the alley.

'My strings won't do me any good against him, I don't want to use my souls. Dammit, he has me trapped.'

I backed up slowly, with the winged man blocking my only path to escape I was cornered.

"Aww come on, I don't bite~" Hawks teased.

My back made contact with the end wall of the alley, I had nowhere left to go.

Hawks approached me at a slow pace with a smirk of satisfaction on his face. He knew he had me cornered, now he was just rubbing it in.

Hawks stopped about two feet away from me and placed his right hand on the wall next to my head. Why I didn't move to get away from him, I had no idea.

He reached his free hand up to my face and moved a stray few strands of hair behind my ear.

'Don't fucking touch me.' I wanted to spit out, but I ended up keeping that thought to myself.

I lifted my right foot up and placed the bottom of my boot against the wall that I was trapped against. Now I had easy access to my dagger in case he tried anything.

Hawks hooked his index finger under my chin and tilted my head up a bit then moved his hand to the back of my head.

"Beautiful..." I heard him whisper to himself. He seemed as if he were in some sort of trance, his eyes just focused on me.

He leaned his head closer to my own and coaxed my head towards his. He placed his lips gently on mine.

I reflexively tried to move my head back but Hawks' hand held it in place while his other hand slipped off the wall and snaked itself tightly around my waist. Now I couldn't move away, I was completely stuck. I couldn't even move well enough to grab my dagger if I wanted to.

'I'm gonna kill you once your no longer of use to the League, I promise you that Hawks.' I thought, 'But, I can use this to my advantage.'

I gave in to the kiss and relaxed my body while keeping my mind alert, there was always the possibility of there being something more sinister at work.
——

Third Person P.O.V.

Hawks had a feeling rush over him as soon as his lips met hers. It wasn't a bad feeling, it was more of a feeling of safety, warmth, and security, it was incredible. His wings frilled up slightly at the sensation.

Once Hawks realized Puppet gave into his kiss he loosened his grip on her waist a bit. He pulled her gently away from the wall and wrapped his big wings around her, pulling her closer.

Hawks was in awe, he didn't actually expect Puppet to be willing to let him kiss her, he really thought she would attempt to murder him instead. His heart was racing, he was insane for doing it sure, but hey, it was working.

Puppet didn't much care, what she was doing right now was in the Leagues best interest. Even though every part of her was screaming to kill him and take his soul, she pushed that away. She was going to use this one moment to her advantage so she could use Hawks in the future.
——

Hawks' P.O.V.

After a long moment, I pulled away and just stared at Puppet, admiring her. I could feel a soft blush spreading across my face.

'That was incredible...' I thought.

I looked into her eyes as she looked back. I got the odd and chilling feeling of her looking straight into my soul, but I ignored it. Now, actually getting a good longer look at her eyes, they were breathtaking. Her eyes were mostly black but a white-ish silver color was around her iris', in a way they sort of looked like they were softly glowing.

"Hawks.." Puppet muttered.

I snapped out of my daze and pulled her into a hug. Notably, she hesitated before hugging me back.

'I knew it! I knew there was a different side to you!' I mentally cheered.

"Sorry, I couldn't hold back anymore." I whispered to her.

"Clearly." Puppet responded with a slight chuckle.

"What can I say? I'm too fast for my own good." I replied.

She let go of me, I think she expected me to do the same but I kept her in my embrace.

"You can let go now." She said sounding slightly annoyed.

"No, no I don't think I will." I teased tightening my grip. When she tried to pull back slightly I buried my face into the crook of her neck. She froze in place.

I took in her scent, it reminded me of cold rain or mist, it was peaceful and relaxing in a way.

"Alright, off." Puppet said in a commanding tone as she wriggled in my hold.

"Fine." I sighed as I let her go and unwrapped her from my wings. We both stepped back a few feet.

"So where were you going?" I asked her.

"Well I was going to try and catch a few low lives and get their souls but then this happened." She gestured to me then to herself with her hand, "Now I think I'm just gonna head back."

"Okay, um..." I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck with my hand. "I guess I'll just go and do some heroish work then."

Puppet rolled her eyes, "Yes, do that- what I told you to do five minutes ago."

She walked past me and out of the alley, leaving me alone.

'Well that went better than expected.'