31 || Deal

Third Person P.O.V.

Shortly after Hawks hid, a man walked into the alley.

The man wore blue jeans, black tennis shoes, and a navy blue sweatshirt. His hands were stuffed into the pockets of the sweatshirt and the hood was up over his head, casting a shadow hiding his face.

"Puppet Master I assume." The man said as he walked further into the alley and towards the black and white villain.

"Yes. And I assume you're the one here to make the deal." Puppet said back.

"Arrow's the name. I would prefer you to use that."

She complied with his name request, "Okay, Arrow, do you have what we agreed upon?"

"What The League agreed upon." He corrected, "Yes, I have it."

Arrow shuffled around in his pockets and pulled out a small flash drive. He held it out in front of him, his hand was covered by a brown leather glove.

Puppet went to grab the flash drive from him but he quickly pulled it back out of her reach.

He held it up in between his index finger and thumb, "The big question is, does the League of Villains agree to my terms."
——

Hawks' P.O.V.

One of my feathers sensed movement from up on one of the roofs above the alley. Someone else was here.

So I decided to notify Puppet.
——

Puppets P.O.V.

I was about to answer Arrow 'Yes' when something nudged me from behind. I glanced down, it was one of Hawks' feathers. I watched out of the corner of my eye as it flew up to the top of the alley. The feather gestured to the roof above me and I saw what seemed to be the head of a person duck quickly behind a chimney.

I turned back to Arrow, "I thought the agreement was that you would come alone." I spoke lowly with an edge to my voice.

"Since when do villains play by the rules?" He asked.

"Since you decided to make a deal with the League of Villains." I shot back.

He didn't respond. I currently had control of the conversation.

I stepped right up to him, "Now, I'll ask you this once. How many of your goons did you bring?"

Arrow tilted his head up so the shadow that covered his face was no longer there and he was now visible. His eyes were a green that resembled the color of pine needles and his hair was dark brown.

"Goons or not, I'm allowed to take precautions aren't I?" He asked.

"Not when you said you'd come alone." I hissed, "The League doesn't take kindly to those who don't keep their word."

Quickly losing my patience, I made a web of strings several yards above our heads and motioned Hawks with my hand for him to push the person on the roof off.

I heard a surprised yell from above me and someone fell into my string web. I manipulated the strings to hold them in place.

I glanced over, the person who I had wrapped in my strings was a man who didn't seem that different from Arrow, it was possible that he could even be his brother. He wore dark blue jeans and a maroon jacket. His hood was down and his dark brown head of hair was visible, along with his hazel eyes.

"I'll say this, and what you choose will result in you both either losing your souls or keeping them. So choose wisely." I said and held out my hand to Arrow, "Give me the flash drive."

Arrow reluctantly placed the flash drive into my hand. I released both him and his friend from my strings.

"Leave, before I change my mind about not taking your souls." I said darkly.

They both ran out of the alley seemingly without a second thought.
——

Hawks' P.O.V.

Once I sensed no more movement around us with my feathers, I called them all back and they each attached themselves back into their rightful place in my wings.

I was shocked at how easily that transaction worked in Puppet's favor. She was certainly no business-woman, but she knew how to get her way.

I rounded the corner and walked back into the alley, approaching Puppet. She was looking at the flash drive in her hand.

She turned to me, tucking the flash drive into her pocket, "I'll take this back to the hideout soon, I have something I want to do first." She told me, "You can go... do hero work or something like that to cover your tracks."

"Where you going?" I asked.

"You don't need to know." She began to walk away, and I watched her go. I was somewhat disappointed that our time together was so short.

I noticed myself subconsciously start to follow her, my feet moving without my permission. I stopped myself and instead took to the air, still following her now from the skies. Then I realized...

'I've fallen for a villain... but it can't be that bad right?'

A/N: Next chapter will have fluff, deal with it.